Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention Weasels Ripped My Flesh on 180g LP
Shattering conventions – musical, social, political – was the life's work of Frank Zappa, the iconoclastic musical genius, rock legend and intellectual firebrand of the late twentieth century whose work is equally revered by hardcore rockers and serious musical scholars. 1970's Weasels Ripped My Flesh is Zappa and The Mothers of Invention's second posthumous release following their breakup and features live and studio material recorded by the group between 1967-1969. In typical fashion the 11-track collection includes both experimental works ("Didja Get Any Onya," "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Sexually Aroused Gas Mask," "Toads of the Short Forest") and more accessible material ("Directly From My Heart to You," "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama," "Oh No"), making for a wild yet ultimately rewarding ride.
1. Didja Get Any Onya?
2. Directly From My Heart To You
3. Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Sexually Aroused Gas Mask
4. Toads Of The Short Forest
5. Get A Little
6. The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue
7. Dwarf Nebula Processional March & Dwarf Nebula
8. My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama
9. Oh No
10. The Orange County Lumber Truck
11. Weasels Ripped My Flesh